Friday, June 10, 2011

R@!NY D(-)Y

I have been obliged by a little cute girly today ... Janice Raquela Mendonca .. hehe yeah the name is kinda bigger than her ... after reading her very touching poems on her notes on FB, when i approached her to write me a post for this category of my blog .. i remember her say very modestly "I am not a poet" ... well i said "I know your not" and finally convinced her !!

today she did this post in less than and hour and surprised me ...

Thank you Janice once again ... I hope that the wisdom tooth does not take away your poetic touch!!



Rainy Day
-by Janice Raquela Mendonca
Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:50pm


I fall asleep to the rain hitting the floor outside the widow

Drip drop, drip drop

The sadness of the sky , the dullness of the day and memories of the past

Drip drop , drip drop

Memories of everlasting pain and tears of betrayal

Drip drop , drip drop

But without the bad times how could we appreciate the good times ?

Drip drop, drip drop

As I walk outside the rain drops on baby trees that are bound to grow and soak into flower seeds that are certain to bloom

Drip drop, drip drop

The rain drops from a tourists umbrella to the sidewalk rushing towards the sewers

Drip drop , drip drop

I used to think of rainy days as reminders of pain

Now I think of them as beautiful

Drip drop , drip drop

As the rain drains so does my hidden pain

Drip drop , drip drop


Splash




my wisdom is in my eyes and hands,
wat i see i write …

- Janice Raquela Mendonca

No comments:

Post a Comment