Monday, February 9, 2009

EnD oF wInNiNg StReAk

9 continuous ODI wins in a row and just as every1 thought that this Indian cricket team of ours would break all records, India lost the 5th ODI versus Sri Lanka …:-)… It was kinda difficult to believe what I was seeing specially in the 1st innings when Dilshan and Sangakkara were hammering our bowlers all over the park, but yet I hoped that somehow we would strike back with the bat and win the match.. :-) But unfortunately that didn’t happen and the 2nd innings was even more disappointing :-)...Our top three batsmen did not trouble the scorers much :-)… yeah must have had pity on them after keeping them on their toes throughout the series :-) and although Yuvi, Dhoni and Jadeja batted well for their half centuries they too could not save the game:-)... I just think our team was a bit overconfident …well the way they have been playing recently trashing their opponents mercilessly this was bound to happen someday :-)… But I am sure Dhoni and his men will take a leaf out of their own book and come back strongly :-)

In spite of the defeat I think playing Balaji and Jadeja was not a bad idea … I mean after being 4-0 up in the series giving them an opportunity was no bad decision or an unnecessary experiment. I think we have lots of good players sitting on the bench waiting for a similar opportunity. I really liked the way Jadeja batted and although he did not have a very good day with the ball ...he has all the signs of a good all-rounder.

Well over all we have preformed very well in the Sri Lankan series and like million other Indian cricket fans I too hope that we’ll get to witness many more brilliant performances from the Indian team

No comments:

Post a Comment