Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All I wanna say is they don't really care..…

Yeah lots of helpful people are around me’ ... atleast that’s what I used to think until yesterday ….
So what happened to me yesterday? … Well basically nothing happened 'to me'… I just got a shock of my life! …. Na na I wasn't playing with live wires... or fidgeting with the computers around me...
My friends s.k, k.s [oh well I didn't realize their initials had same letters] and me were walking towards the station after class at 2 in the noon[thanks to this weather .. its killer hot at that time…] and suddenly an old lady walking towards us collapsed onto the road... and started trembling ,with white froth flowing out of her mouth… and her hands and legs- as if shrinking towards her…. Yeah something like a fits attack!
Instantly the three of us rushed towards her … we didn't know how we couldd help her cz... none of us had witnessed a similar kinda situation before... but yet we reached there!!! , near her!!! .. We stood there helplessly starring at the crowed ... hoping someone would come to our rescue … but no one did …
2pm! A crowed place like andheri… with an average of 10 people crossing u every sec …and yet no help!! … Doesn’t anyone know how to rescue an old lady suffering from a fits attack? ...
People just passed by … some looked, some pretended not to look … some stood there for a while… and then walked away … rickshaw drivers cursing her for blocking their way …females making sorry faces and walking past her!! … Wow! … mumbaikars at their best!!! …
This went on for a good 10 mins… and just as we were thinking about taking her to a hospital [yeah we just got glued there with a confusion-cum-fright-cum-donno-wat-to-do kinda feeling]... A guy came and placed a long key in her hand... and she begun to recover!! …[I think it has something to do with coming in contact with the metal or something…well had we known that before.. we wouldn’t have let her suffer so much!!] .so then the lady sat down, had some water …and started walking again …
All three of us were in a state of shock… deep within we thanked god that the lady was finally fine… felt a little guilty also, may b if we knew what to do…we would not waste time looking for help! [Yeah I tell u! ...looking for help here is wasting time! ...no one actually cares!]

I kept looking at that old lady as she walked again…
I kept looking at her feeling so bad for her!
I kept looking at her till she disappeared in the crowd! ….

2 comments:

  1. Its true! no one helps ne1 here. its each one for himself. The 'Spirit of Bombay' comesw out only during bomb blast time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah its shocking to know that we need a bomb blast to teach us ethics !!

    ReplyDelete