Wednesday, November 11, 2009

..on a rainy day...

When the dark clouds cover the earth

When the rain pours down with thunder

When the aroma of clay fills the air

When the chill breeze beings to wonder


When students get offs from their ABC

and the others cant stop cursing the BMC

When the rails and the roads go for a toss

When news becomes more important than big boss


When couples flood Bandstand and Marine Drive

While others come to take a glimpse of the high tide

Some feast on their corn, some feast their eyes on each other

Some prefer bhajias and chai, some just a chat together


When rainbows and singing birds light up the dull day

When bright colorful umbrellas highlight the way

When the weather turns so pleasant …so lovely

I lie flat in my bed .....I yawn ...I feel so sleepy

11 comments:

  1. n u said ur were bad at poems..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! .. u liked it???.. lol
    Thanx for being kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u brought out the entire atmosphere thru dis short but really sweet poem... I liked it, u really r showing another side of u now, hope to see more poems...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx keith . nice to have another reader!.. hope u like the other posts too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this poem today so just excuse me for appreciating it a little late.....but I should say that you are a good poet...and I m sure this one was instantaneous....right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesum....i neva xpctd sucha a wnderful poem frm u...too good...mwaz...

    ReplyDelete