Tuesday, July 21, 2009

guitar joys!!

After a loooooooooooooooooooooong and longer wait than that … I finally managed to strum my first song on the guitar!! And trust me; it feels like magic to actually witness myself do that... Especially when I and almost everyone around me from the past four months have believed that this day will never come!!


It was 5 months ago when the guitarist in me woke up [to fall asleep soon]…and I joined a guitar class … thinking that it would be a cakewalk … (and ill manage to impress a few chicks like the others :) two days later, I was totally convinced that this is not my cup of tea and I was a biggest fool to join a ‘GUITAR CLASS’ (yeah fixing comps is easier… atleast there I know which ‘wire’ (read as -string) is for what??]!! But since I've never been a quitter, I forced myself and carried on with the classes for four months (i.e.: twice a week) half-heartedly. I remember there were times when I used to literally drag myself to class.


But now when I look back I feel it wasn’t a bad idea at all, In those four months although I never practiced regularly and took things seriously… unknowingly I picked up many things! I learnt how to identify chords, how to read them out of music books, how to switch from one chord to another [that’s the most difficult part], and lots more … yeah and although it took me four entire months to just identify strings, my sir never gave up on me .. He was very kind. And then one day I finally felt sorry for him and gave up… yeah... I didn’t go for a month!


Yesterday I came across this site which had n number of songs that could be played with just 2 or 3 chords! So I thought ill give it a try … although I had not practiced for like a month... I was very eager to know if I could manage 2- 3 chords {more than that I wanted to find out, if actually all those songs could be played with just 2-3 chords} so I found where my guitar was... and begun to try! At first… it was hard because I had forgotten the chords… but as I looked into my books and referred to what I had been doing in these paste 4-5 months … I was overjoyed to learn that I could actually play tunes with only 2-3 chords!!


Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! … [Ok, Do I sound like a little kid who has managed to seize a lollipop after much struggle??? Hmmm… well who cares! ]


So I played

ajeeb dastan hai ye’ which is an old hindi melody [that was my 1st song],


my other achievements are:-


How Much Is That Doggie in the window…..

Mary Had a Little Lamb…

Happy Birthday..

Jingle Bells….

Silent Night…


….and hopefully this list will get bigger [no yaar this is not a song!!]

3 comments:

  1. lol..!!
    how sweet...!!! n u realli do lik a child whoz been giftd a lolly..
    nw u can play lullabies to ur to be kids along wid ur chicks..!!
    ;)

    P.S..i dunno strumming d guitat was diffcult..!!
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) :-) yeah ill play lullabies to my to be kids along wid my chicks..!! lol ... :p dosent tht sound weird ??

    yeah but iam glad iam finally playing something!!

    P.S: yeah guitar is difficult.. especially for ppl like me :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I empathise wid you... I'm goin thru the same thng wid my guitar! the only difference is dat I yet hav to learn the intricacies of the fretboard, them the songs will come...

    ReplyDelete